Careers are a big focus at Chaselea Alternative Provision Academy, as we want every student to be fully prepared for life after school. We will endeavour to provide quality careers education, advice and guidance to help develop our students’ values, skills and behaviours. Our careers programme will be subject to ongoing monitoring and evaluation and is mapped to the Gatsby Benchmarks of good careers guidance, which include:
- A stable careers programme
- Learning from career and labour market information
- Addressing the needs of each pupil
- Linking curriculum learning to careers
- Encounters with employers and employees
- Experiences of workplaces
- Encounters with further and higher education
- Personal guidance
We will provide our students with opportunities to visit workplaces and regularly take students to view appropriate courses at local colleges to give them a taste of further education.
In Year 11 particularly, students will have regular meetings with our Careers Advisor who offers guidance to students and works with them to create personalised Careers Action Plans.
At Chaselea, our careers lead is Mrs L. Avery.
To make contact please either email email@example.com or ring on 01543 227095.
The careers page information will next be reviewed in September 2023.